DUE TO THE PM'S ANNOUNCEMENT THIS EVENING 31 OCT 2020, OF A NEW NATIONAL LOCKDOWN NEEDING TO BE IMPOSED, THERE WILL BE NO RETURN TO INDOOR CIRCUITS OR JUNIOR ATHLETICS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Monday Circuit sessions will restart on Monday 2 November 2020. Usual venue at Lavington School's Sports Hall. Time 6.30-8pm. Session fee remains the same as before £4. Exact money would be appreciated. Those wishing to attend MUST email or message Deborah to check availability as numbers need to be restricted during the Pandemic. Those attending will be sent a list of instructions which must be adhered to to enable the sessions to be run safely.
Thursday Junior Athletics will restart on Thursday 5 November 2020. Usual venue Lavington School's Sports Hall. Time 5.30-6.30pm. Session Fee £4. Exact money would be appreciated. Those wishing their child/children to come along must email or message Deborah to request a place as numbers need to be restricted. Parents who would like to stay and watch must wear a mask for the duration.
Please note that this week beginning Monday 5th October, will be our last training outdoor sessions for our Senior Monday and Thursday group. The Junior sessions have all ready stopped. The timings have been brought forward so will run from 5.30-6.45pm weather permitting. As soon as we get the go ahead to train back indoors I will post it here, but sadly I cannot see this happening for quite a while for obvious reasons.
PLEASE NOTE For those wishing to enter the Swindon Harriers Autumn Meeting scheduled for Sunday 18 October, please go to Entry Central to register. UKA have announced that the Age Groups will remain as they are until 31 October.
Please note that tomorrow, 24th September 2020 will be our last Juniors Session for the time being. Please let me know asap if you would like your child/children to attend. I have been in contact with the school regarding us restarting indoors but with the current restrictions, this is unlikely to be anytime soon. I will update the situation if and when we can restart.
Today's training Thursday 27 August is cancelled.
Please note that the weather forecast for the rest of today, Thursday 27th August is decidedly unsettled and rainy. As we are now back training on the grass field, conditions could be very slippery and also we have nowhere to shelter. If it is still raining at 4.15 this afternoon, I shall cancel both the Junior and older group sessions so PLEASE check here. I have also posted this info on our private Facebook page. If you know anyone who doesn't look at either of the places where I post info, please let them know, especially as I know there are a couple of new youngsters possibly coming along today.